These excursions give you a chance to access, experience and relate to the life of a teenage mother. For example, her life as a wife living with a husband.
Her chores that include house work, grazing domestic animals, gardening, preparing breakfast and lunch for her family, fetching water from the well and basket weaving and so much more. The excursion puts you at the scene, giving you a touch, a feel, a view and experience of a teenage mother in Butambala.Download pdf brochure
Day 1 - Travel to Butambala
• Arrive at Leisure to our center
• Prepare Super for family with Teen Mother
• Camp fire and Big sister talks.
Day 2 - Life in then Teen Household
Day 3 - Life in Teen Household and preparing children for school
• Prepare children to school then serve Breakfast,
• Fetch firewood from hills or forest
• Prepare early Lunch (Luwombo and Matooke
• School Visits
• Evening Tea, Camp Fire and Super Served
Day 4 - Life in Teen Household and preparing Luwombo
• Breakfast and then go to the Garden
• Come back to prepare Lunch (matooke and Luwombo)
• Fetching Water and Wash Clothes
• Lunch Served
• Community Visits, Evening Tea and Bon Fire story telling then super.
Day 5 - Gardening and departure
• Breakfast served to the family
• Go to the garden
• Prepare Lunch (matooke, yams, lumonde, muwogo and Luwombo)
• Gomesi Dressing classes and departure at your own leisure.