GORILLA TOUR GUIDE
When you decide to visit these Mountain Gorillas always take this Countries as the best alternative Uganda, Rwanda and Congo. In the world there are 790 mountain gorillas left but almost half of these Mountain Gorillas are found in Uganda then Rwanda followed by The Democratic Republic of Congo
WHERE DO WE FIND MOUNTAIN GORILLAS?
In Uganda Mountain Gorillas are found in only two parks Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Mgahinga National Park, Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda, Kahuzi-Biega National Park and Virunga National Park in Democratic Republic of Congo.
WHEN TO GO FOR GORILLA TRACKING IN UGANDA, RWANDA AND REPUBLIC OF CONGO?
Due to the climatic changes in these countries the best months would be June to September, December to February to track these Gorillas since by this time these countries are experiencing a dry season hence easy accessibility. But in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park tourists can move throughout the year since is located in the Equatorial Forest where chances of rain are very high.
As a Gorilla Tour Guide I recommend you to book your flights to have a visit at these rarely endangered mountain Gorillas earlier before the peak season since the charges slightly increase.
WHERE TO STAY?
During these memorable moments in these countries you will stay in the nearby accommodations. In Uganda you will stay in:-
- Ruhija Gorilla Lodge which is located in mid of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and offers luxury accommodations while enjoying the theme of insects, birds and monkeys
- Gorilla Forest Camp is one of the least luxury inside the Park on the hillside in the rain forest hence provides a fabulous and relaxing sceneries.
- Buhoma Lodge is located on located on original homestead site at Bwindi which gives a view of the rain forest canopy and allows guest to watch the sun as rises from the dawn.
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camps is located on Nteko Ridge alongside Bwindi Forest with both cottages.
- Lake Kitandara Tented Camps which gives a beautiful views of the environment thus offering guests with chilling places to dinner and tell stories around the campfire
- Buhoma Community Bandas, this provides traditional Banda built using natural resources and is located in Northern section of Bwindi Forest
- Mahogany Springs a luxury lodge located in Northern section of Bwindi and also both traditional and international services
- Silverback lodge is located on the hill close to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park with an amazing view of the entire forest.
- Volcanoes Mount Gahinga Safari Lodge
- Birdnest at Bunyonyi Resort
- Bunyonyi Overland Resort
In Rwanda you can stay in the hotel and lodges below ranging from Luxury, mid-range to budget:-
- Mountain Gorillas’ Nest Lodge
- Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel
- Virunga Lodge
- Kinigi Guest House
- Red Rocks Rwanda
- Home Inn
WHAT TO PACK FOR A GORILLA TOUR?
Since weather is erratic in these countries you are supposed to carry some things on you
- T Shirt since it can easily dry up in case it rains and should be long sleeved to cover your arms from insects in the jungle
- Rain Jackets because it rains every after an hour and this should be your first equipment
- Long pants but not trousers because also dry up quickly and protect you from branches, stinging nestles and thorns
- Light Boosts for hiking are good for steep terrain since there are some deep mud as you move deep into the forest.
- Hand gloves avoids one from being hurt in case you accidentally hold onto those wet vines